I don’t want to go to an ER and I don’t know what else to do. It’s a holiday and my son may have broken his arm. Should I let a second year resident set my son’s arm?

Go to the er if your doctor is not available.
Residents are fully-licensed doctors under supervision of other doctors. If your child is having pain and there is swelling of the arm, or he is unable to use it properly, it should be seen by a doctor. Frequently, a fracture is splinted first and your child will be sent for follow up in a few days for casting after the swelling goes down.

Dr. CHERYL COLDWATER
Dr. CHERYL COLDWATER
Dr. Shontae Buffington