I saw that cerebal palsy was linked to genetic abnormalities. Will that change the way my child is treated?

Dr. Cornelia Franz

In brief: No

It should not change the way she is treated.
If there is a genetic link there may be information that allows anticipation of problems and may help head off problems, but it should not impact her treatment in any negative way.

In brief: No

Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cornelia Franz

In brief: Misinformation

There are some genetic conditions that can share some similar features to some of the problems of cerebral palsy but CP is not genetic.
A CP patient can also have a genetic affliction, but would have had CP with or without that condition.

In brief: Misinformation

Dr. Shontae Buffington