I had 25 oh vitamin d test and result is 3.72 ng/ml. Need suggestions on how to get back to normal range and also can vitamin d deficiency be serious?

20,000 iu D3 at 1st. I advise you take 20,000 iu of vit D3 a day for 2 months then recheck your levels.Your goal is 50-80 ng/ml ; you can adjust your dose as needed to maintain that- see https://www.vitamindcouncil.org/further-topics/i-tested-my-vitamin-d-level-what-do-my-results-mean/. Once you find the dose that maintains you at 50-80 continue it indefinitely. Most need 5-8000 iu/day. Can be serious- see comment:
Vitamin D3. Your vitamin d level is low and it can cause weak bones among other things. There are a number of things you can do: 1. Expose yourself to sun, face, arms and legs will do, 2. Take over the counter vitamin d supplement, vitamin d3 preferably. 3. Drink milk or take milk products as a source of both vitamin d and calcium.