What is h1n1 flu or swine flu?

A viral flu strain. H1n1 refers to the proteins that make up the critical parts of this particular flu virus. For example, h5n1 is a common flu virus that attacks some years. "swine flu" is a misnomer. Flu viruses are named after their original hosts, and the h1n1 virus we've been dealing with is actually a combination of avian, human and swine flu dna mixed together. Also, it's the same spanish flu from 1918.
Latest new flu. Swine flu was the latest flu to be in circulation, it started in 2009 and has remained one of the predominant strains in circulation since then. It differs from previous strains in that younger adults and pregnant women were most severely affected. It has been included in this year's flu shot and will remain in the 2011 - 2012 vaccine.