My last blood test results included these: albumin 3.9, total protein 7.0, alkaline phosphatase 165, ast/sgot 31, alt/sgpt 86, bilirubin, total 0.5, bilirubin, direct 0.2; any hint of a liver problem?

Dr. Harold Fields

In brief: Liver

Everything looks good.

In brief: Liver

Everything looks good.
Pathology

In brief: More than a hint

Your alt/sgpt is way-high and unless you're having rhabdomyolysis, your liver cells are being damaged and leaking this enzyme.
It doesn't matter that your alk phos is only slightly above reference range (that doesn't worry me) or that the other labs are okay. You need to find what's going on with your liver -- meds, need for more exercise, chronic hepatitis, or something else.

In brief: More than a hint

Dr. Bac Nguyen

In brief: Tough to tell

The lab values presented here don't seem to be alarming.
Each laboratory use somewhat different analytic method and so the range varies somewhat as well--so some levels maybe a bit high by one lab and ok by another, thus we need reference. Also, medication use, alcohol, drug and some acute illnesses can influence these values, thus these values alone don't mean much. Consult doc. Good luck.

In brief: Tough to tell

Dr. Thomas Riney

In brief: Who ordered it?

Has moral responsablity to explain results to you.

In brief: Who ordered it?

Dr. Andrea Brand