My gentleman friend and I are in our 70s. He refuses to use a condom. Does that put me at risk for diseases?

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology
In brief: Small risk
At this age there are very few diseases that might be transmitted sexually.
Most would be manifest and if you gentleman friend does not think he has any of them , it is likely to be true. Condoms are, however, an aspect of mutual trust and respect so he should be a little more receptive to discussion of your fears.

In brief: Small risk
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Pathology
In brief: Female condom
If your partner does not change his mind and you are concerned about stds, you may wish to use female condom.

In brief: Female condom
Dr. Jane Van Dis