How much can I drink during pregnancy?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: I will tell non

No drinking in my book during pregnancy.
Some experts say moderate drinking during pregnancy is okay, but there are others who believe taking even one drink is like playing russian roulette with your baby's health.

In brief: I will tell non

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Pierrette Mimi Poinsett
For more information about alcohol use and risks during pregnancy,here is the CDC link for Fetal Alchohl Spectrum Disorders http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/fasd/index.html

In brief: None

The original French description of fetal alcohol effects were to skid row alcoholics, many of whom died within a year. It lead to research showing alcohol turned to formaldehyde and other byproducts toxic to nerves & other tissue.
Alcohol passes to baby easily during pregnancy and there is no established "safe" exposure level. The issue is more how much risk are you willing to take.

In brief: None