For tetanus, is medical interventions necessary or can home remedies work?

In brief: Needs Med Rx

Use of preventive vaccines decrease the need for rx.
If unvaccinated, you need the antitoxin, vaccine and antibiotics to kill the germ growing in what may be a minor wound. Even a small infestation of the tetanus germ can generate enough toxin to kill you.

In brief: Needs Med Rx

Dr. Michael Engel
Pediatrics - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: There's a reason...

Why we immunize against tetanus.
..It's serious business, and should you be unimmunized and exposed, you most certainly need medical treatment. There are no "home remedies" that will adequately treat this problem. I would advise you to be regularly immunized and to take any penetrating wound seriously. Good luck.

In brief: There's a reason...

Why we immunize against tetanus.
Dr. Michael Engel
Dr. Michael Engel