My son recently diagnosed with pandas with strep titers over 400. Daughter has selective iga. Should I have immune workup done for him?

Dr. Nayla Mumneh
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

You need to go to a referral center, depending where you are located in the us.

Dr. Nayla Mumneh
Dr. Nayla Mumneh

In brief: Hard to say

This controversial condition occurs in kids with normal immune systems more often than not.
A simple elevation of aso titer can occur in random populations without problems. Some, not all, neurologists accept this as a real but hard to define entity, not exclusive to strep reactions.Some use the label for any tic disorder with elevated titer.Confirmation and workup by a pedi neuro would be ideal.

In brief: Hard to say

Dr. Jonathan Jassey