Entered triathlon. Had bad bike accident and concussion. Wife doesn’t want me to try again. Training without problems. What should I do?

Dr. Robert Cabry
Sports Medicine

In brief: Be careful

As long as all concussive symptoms are gone you should be fine but the more concussions, the more risk for long term issues.

In brief: Be careful

Dr. Robert Cabry
Dr. Robert Cabry
Dr. John Thaler
Dentistry - Prosthodontics

In brief: See MD, talk to wife

Clearly you must resolve this with your wife.
You should also be cleared medically. Which is more important -- health and healthy marriage or completing triathlon ? You be the judge. Maybe you both could help with the race and see where it goes from there. She may understand it better and your desire to do it, and you will have paused to reflect on priorities and helped your fellow triathletes.

In brief: See MD, talk to wife

Dr. John Thaler
Dr. John Thaler
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine