I have carpal tunnel. Should I try to work at my usual speed?

Dr. Edward Smith
Neurology
In brief: What's your job?
If your task involves forceful gripping, pulling, wrist twisting, rapid or repetitive finger / hand movements and your work pace bothers you, slow down.
Wear wrist supports at work if possible. Consider corticosteroid injection into wrist or have surgery if nothing else works.

In brief: What's your job?
Dr. Edward Smith
Dr. Edward Smith
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Depends on cause
It really depends on the cause of your carpal tunnel as well as your specific job description which should be discussed with a physician and/or occupational therapist.

In brief: Depends on cause
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Mark Einbecker
Surgery - Hand Surgery
In brief: Maybe
Not knowing what you do it is hard to say.
If you can vary the speed of your work and it helps then go ahead. Some factory jobs you must make quotas and slowing down may not be possible. If you cannot live the lifestyle you need to live then further treatment of your cts would be warranted.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Mark Einbecker
Dr. Mark Einbecker
Dr. Eric Weisman