Why do babies sweat in nursing asleep?

Baby sweats w feeds. Babies tend to sweat during a feeding if they are "working hard" to nurse. Some of these babies have an underlying heart problem. It is best to check with your infant's doctor asap for a full exam and weight check.
Perspiration related. There is an increae in metabolic rate associated with the processes invovled in the physical effort related to nursing as well as the processes associated with digestion and the propulsion of nutrients through the GI tract from top to bottom. This results in the production of heat which must be dissapated in order to maintain a stable core temperature;perspiration accomplishes this.