I've been prescribed celexa (citalopram) 20 mg a day , I took it and felt dizzy , nausea , more anxiety , sleepy , should I take it at nite ?

Dr. Luis Villaplana
In brief: Try at night
With dinner or a healthy bedtime snack.
Usually these are short lived, initial tolerability issues that go away after several doses for a week or so. Let your prescriber know though. The biggest mistake patients tend to make is not call their doctors after a med has been prescribed to tell them what's going on. Remember, we can't help if we don't know what's goin on...

In brief: Try at night
With dinner or a healthy bedtime snack.
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Chris Esguerra
In brief: Talk to your MD
It would be good to talk to your md about these side effects.
Normally, if Celexa (citalopram) caused only sleepiness, taking it at night is useful. But you state it also makes you feel anxious. Your side effects may indicate that you may be too sensitive to the side effects of celexa (citalopram). Other options include trying a lower dose or splitting your current dose.

In brief: Talk to your MD
Dr. Chris Esguerra
Dr. Chris Esguerra