I am @ the hospital for short cervix- 3 weeks now- stuck til delivery (23wks pg). My dr has only seen me twice so I never know my status. What can I do?

Dr. Joel Pranikoff
In brief: Ask to speak to MD
This is a difficult position to find yourself in.
Many times the general ob/gyn relies on the perinatologists (high risk docs) and residents to round on the patients that are hospitalized. Call the doctor's office and ask to speak with the doctor. Speak with your nurse and ask that she make contact with the office if you are uncomfortable. There should be a doctor checking on you at least daily.

In brief: Ask to speak to MD
Dr. Joel Pranikoff
Dr. Joel Pranikoff
Dr. Luis Gonzalez
Dr. needs to take time to explain.
Dr. Laurence Fakinos
In brief: Be assertive
Hospitalized patients should be seen daily by a physician.
If your doctor has only seen you twice in 3 weeks, i'm assuming some other doctor has been seeing you the other days. Whomever is seeing you should be able to discuss with you your "status". If you prefer to hear it from your doctor, just be assertive and ask your nurse to contact your doctor for you because you have questions.

In brief: Be assertive
Dr. Laurence Fakinos
Dr. Laurence Fakinos
Dr. Adam Levy