I'm afraid I may have tetanus, are there any medical blood test that can verify the infection?

Dr. Kenneth Stoller
Preventive Medicine
What is the difference of being afraid of having a potentially fatal disease and getting checked out and treated?

Dr. Kenneth Stoller
Dr. Kenneth Stoller
Pathology
In brief: You don't
Tetanus is obvious clinically.
You will know that something is terribly wrong. It is not at all subtle. If you've maintained your immunizations, it's unlikely. And nowadays, it's survivable.

In brief: You don't
Tetanus is obvious clinically.
Dr. Thomas Wright
Phlebology
In brief: No blood test
The diagnosis of tetanus is clinical .
Based on history , symptoms and exam. The only way to be sure is to consult with a doctor.

In brief: No blood test
The diagnosis of tetanus is clinical .
Dr. Thomas Wright
Dr. Thomas Wright
Pathology
In brief: No tetanus test
If you asking, you probably do not have tetanus.
It is a clinical diagnosis, no lab tests are diagnostic. A common finding is lockjaw, and muscle spasms.

In brief: No tetanus test
Dr. Arnon Rubin