My cholesterol level is 206. What diet do I take to keep it low.?

Dr. Bac Nguyen

In brief: More veg/fish, less.

If u r young and in general good health, 206 is very mildly elavated and if you have high level of HDL (good cholesterol) say above 60.
..I would not worry much about it (less than 200 = good). Balanced diet with more fish/veggies, less animal fats/cholesterol, and more aerobic exercise will do the job! an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure..Stay well and healthy.. Good luck.

In brief: More veg/fish, less.

Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Seema Patel
Holistic Medicine

In brief: Depends

The breakdown is more important than the total number. The coronary risk ratio is the most important thing to look at which is your total chol to hdl; a great number is below 3.
5 but below 4.2 is acceptable. Eat low glycemic, healthy fats, lean proteins and be plant based. These will keep your risk for all chronic diseases low.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Seema Patel
Dr. Seema Patel
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine