I was told I have aorta calcification (not sure is it abdomen or?) what is the risk and treatment if available

Dr. Tim McDonough
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Atherosclerosis
This is a sign of atherosclerosis, hardening of the arteries, cholesterol build-up in the arteries.
Treatment is to lower cholesterol, diet , exercise and drugs.

In brief: Atherosclerosis
Dr. Tim McDonough
Dr. Tim McDonough
Dr. Mary Callahan
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Aortic calcification
Aortic calcifications can be seen on a cat scan or some echocardiograms and likely represents atherosclerotic plaques in that area.
The only treatment is to treat your lipids to your goal which will not get rid of the calcium but will prevent the areas from blocking the artery or extending the plaques. The best treatments will include a lipid lowering drug as well as aspirin.

In brief: Aortic calcification
Dr. Mary Callahan
Dr. Mary Callahan
Dr. Umesh Patel