What does it mean when a doctor tells me im on stage 3 of change if cells? I have a colposcopy comming up, but what can it be std? Cancer? Any answers

Dr. Liawaty Ho
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: HSIL-CIN 3

I assume that you are talking about high grade intraepithelial lesion- cin 3- carcinoma in situ.
It refers to severely cellular changes on the cervical epithelial lining., colposcopy is needed. The treatment is to remove (excise) or destroy (ablate) the abnormal area to prevent cancer. The risk to develop invasive cancer of the cervix is about 20% if nothing is done, follow up w/ your gyne closely.

In brief: HSIL-CIN 3

Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Steven Ginsberg

In brief: More info needed

Many presumptions would have to be made to answer your question.
Can you be more specific? Was this told to you regarding a cervical biopsy or pap smear? What changes are stage 3? Do you have cin grade 3?

In brief: More info needed

Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY

In brief: Stage 3

Of what kind of cancer?

In brief: Stage 3

Of what kind of cancer?
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
Dr. Adam Levy