How to treat a pinched nerve?

Generic answer. Variety of different approaches based on which nerve, and where. Surgery might be an answer for ruptured disc, pinching nerve in neck or back. Carpal tunnel, cubital tunnel, nerves decompressed at wrist and elbow. Sometimes local steroid injections, even epidural steroids may stabilize the compression. Never hurts to supplement with one b-100 complex daily, and meds useful for symptoms.
Very common. Pinched nerve is a condition when too much pressure is applied to a nerve by surrounding tissues. The treatment needs to begin with rest of the the affected area, physical therapy, pharmacology, interventional therapy, surgery.
Depends on severity. The most frequently recommended treatment for pinched nerve is rest for the affected area. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or corticosteroids may be recommended to help alleviate pain. Physical therapy is often useful, and splints or collars may be used to relieve symptoms. Depending on the cause and severity of the pinched nerve, surgery may be needed. This is from the ninds.