Is bacterial pneumonia contagious? My oldest son has had it for 5 days and started abx yesterday? Will my other kids get it? What's the incubation?

In brief: Maybe,maybe not

Most forms of bacterial pneumonia are not particularly contagious and arise from a preexisting problem like a cold or other viral process that is invaded by opportunist germs from the airway.
The common pneumonia germ is carried by many in their nasal passages and throat. Viral pneumonia and one called mycoplasma are potentially contagious.Your doc can let you know.

In brief: Maybe,maybe not

Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology