Was prescribed Lexapro (escitalopram) 10, so afraid to take antidepressants. Severe depression/anxiety. Please advise on this drug the good and bad. Iknoweveryonediff?

The good. It works for both depression and generalized anxiety, has few drug-drug interactions and a mild side effect profile compared with some others. It works as well as any of the other antidepressants. The down side, is a mild chance of tiredness or insomnia (managed by correctly timing the dose), some risk like most of delayed orgasm, mild hand tremor, upset stomach. Overall very well tolerated.
Dr Jacobson gave. you some great input. I have found Lexapro to have fewer side effects than other selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors. It can be very effective in the treatment of depression and anxiety. I hope that you get over your fear so that you can accept help.