I had a MCL tear in december and I sat out for a month. Now when I play it sort of locks up and cracks but doesn't hurt for long. What could it be?

Dr. Allen Lu
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: PES & hamstring

While there could be a number of causes including underlying cartilage damage or arthritis, your description sounds like a very common occurrence after mcl injuries.
Likely you have hamstring tendinitis and pes bursitis. It is inflammation around the inner portion of our knee under the mcl that occurs with deconditioning of the quad muscles. Avoid limping and work quad exercises to improve this.

In brief: PES & hamstring

Dr. Allen Lu
Dr. Allen Lu
Dr. Allen Lu
It occurs when the quad muscles are not working properly, making you limp. The limping will hyperextended your knee, pulling on the hamstring muscles. That is the cause. When you start up after sitting for a long time, the hamstrings will feel tight. Just avoid limping and things should resolve on its own. Good luck!
Dr. Mark Weston
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Medial meniscalltear

Often occur togethermcl meeniscus.

In brief: Medial meniscalltear

Often occur togethermcl meeniscus.
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine