I believe I have had a nasal polyp for 5 years in my right nostril. I often get nosebleeds in this nostril. Is this to blame & what should I do?

Dr. David Sherris
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: See an ENT

Nasal polyps usually do not bleed.
See an ENT doctor to rule out other causes immediately.

In brief: See an ENT

Nasal polyps usually do not bleed.
Dr. David Sherris
Dr. David Sherris
Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: Nasal Polyp

You should consult a ENT specialist to look in your nostril and find out what is making it bleed and what needs to be done.
Usually polyps are assciated with nasal allergy and you may benefit from nasal steroids and antihistamines and if it is causing obstruction then you may need surgery.

In brief: Nasal Polyp

Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Kenneth Cheng

In brief: See your ENT doctor

If you believe you have a nasal polyp, you should see your ENT (ear, nose and throat) doctor to confirm the diagnosis and provide you a treatment plan.

In brief: See your ENT doctor

Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine