Is dull lower back pain common at 6 weeks pregnant?

You can probably. Blame your growing uterus and hormonal changes for your aching back. Your expanding uterus shifts your center of gravity and stretches out and weakens your abdominal muscles, changing your posture and putting strain on your back. It may also cause back pain if it's pressing on a nerve. In addition, the extra weight you're carrying means more work for your muscles and increased stress on your joints.
You got it. Basicly the treatment like what you said beside if there underling cause we have to address it.
Not typical. At six weeks of a forty week pregnancy, there should not be much weight gain and low back pain would not be considered typical. Did you have a back problem before pregnancy, are you overweight, did you already gain more than 8 pounds. All these could be factors. But would report this to your ob.