How come I have heartburn every day for four years?

Dr. Luis Villaplana

In brief: I've ha heartburn

Every day for 26 years.
Meds help, and i'm religious with them. I also need Tums (calcium carbonate) at night due to a nasty hiatal hernia. Please see your doctor. There are many available treatments.

In brief: I've ha heartburn

Every day for 26 years.
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: Heartburn for Four y

What you have is gastro esophageal refulex disease.
You should see a doctor as soon as possible.The acid from the stmach finds its way in your esophagus, and causes your heartburn, if it continues for long period of time it can cause inflammation in the esophagus called esophagitis which you might have as you have been having for four years.You need an endoscopy for that.So see your md or GI doc.

In brief: Heartburn for Four y

Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna