I have been bleeding after intercourse for over a month, do I need a uterus biopsy ? My pap smear was normal, I have no STDs and no infection.

Marianne DiNapoli

In brief: If postmenopausal

Any time a woman bleeds vaginally after menopause, a uterine biopsy is recommended.
It is not normal to bleed for a month, so regardless of your age or menopause status, you should see a doctor for an evaluation.

In brief: If postmenopausal

Marianne DiNapoli
Marianne DiNapoli
Answer assisted by Marianne Di Napoli, Medical Student
Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: Bleeding intercourse

You need to see your gynecologist to find out the cause of your bleeding after intercourse.
It is abnormal and have to have a cause.You need a pelvic exam and if indicated rpt of your pap smear and biopsy.See your gynecologist.

In brief: Bleeding intercourse

Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Jane Van Dis