I accidentally inhaled a bit of sweetcorn whilst eating and now I can feel it in my chest, especially when breathing, what should I do?

Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: Inhaled sweetcorn

The bit of corn may be in your trachea or one of the bronchi.
If it is in upper part of trachea with coughing it may come in your throa and you may be able to spit it up.But if it is lower down or in one of the bronchi you need to see a pulmonary specialist to scope you and remove the forighn body which is a bit of corn.If it is not removed it can cause infection and damage to the bronchi and lungs.

In brief: Inhaled sweetcorn

Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology