Is it better to shower or take a bath if dry skin?

Eczema. With eczema, you are better to take a shower than a bath. A bath will make the eczema worse. When you get out of the shower dry off your skin and add a moisturizer like otc cerave cream or cutemol.
Depends. Very hot water in any circumstance will dry your skin out. Some people advocate short showers in order to not "strip" your skin of natural oils. On the other hand there are simple oils like olive oil you can use in the bath that helps moisturize dry skin. In any case see what your skin reacts better to and also be mindful of your hydration and of the soaps and lotions you put on your skin.