I let my baby sleep with me. He never had any problems. It was called family bed then.?

In brief: I wouldn't
The great wisdom of Solomon was expressed in the bible after a woman had "overlain" her infant & stole a baby to replace it.
Though comforting to babe (who would like to be back in the womb) or mom (who loves being a needed). The danger is the same now as then. Babies die every year from this practice. They leave the womb with great potential & can learn to sleep alone if you let them.

In brief: I wouldn't
Dr. Barry Bergman
In brief: Not Okay!
Moms can get very tired in the early months of having a baby and actually roll over on them without realizing it and smother them. It is also important to creat a wonderful environment in their own bed and their own room. This can be done as early as 2-3 months.
This teaches your baby how to ultimately comfort themselves. They don't need to be with mom to comfort themselves and sleep.

In brief: Not Okay!
Dr. Barry Bergman
Dr. Barry Bergman
Dr. Jonathan Jassey