Is cognitive behavioral therapy self-taught? How can one use it for generalized social phobia? Examples of cbt related to so. Phobia, please?

Dr. Kenneth Adler

In brief: No

Good cognitive behavioral therapy requires a trained therapist.
It can be a very effective treatment.

In brief: No

It can be a very effective treatment.
Dr. Howard Gurr
Clinical Psychology

In brief: VRT for Phobias

CBT is not self-taught.
You need to find a trained therapist. CBT is useful for phobias. However, I have found phobias and anxieties respond well to Virtual Reality Therapy(VRT). VRT is exposure therapy in a safe environment. The research suggests VRT is 90% effective. Seek out a therapist who uses VRT in your area. You can find providers through www.psious.com or www.limbix.com.

In brief: VRT for Phobias

CBT is not self-taught.
Dr. William Forsythe