Can i take a 2mg klonopin with a .05 Xanax (alprazolam) just for one night of sleep due to anexity?

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: Addiction

Having two different benzodiazepine medications, and thinking more doses will bring you sleep us evidence of a very big problem. Honestly you do not have to live like this.
It is not healthy. It is not going to end well if this continues. Please consider asking for help to find another way to live.

In brief: Addiction

Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Donald Jacobson

In brief: Only if it has

Been prescribed. If you are not used to taking two mg, i usually would tell my patients to take 1mg.
If it is someone else's, do not take it at all. If you were my patient i would have you take an extra0.5 mg of xanax (alprazolam) instead. You should really call your psychiatrist who i would hope is on call for you or has someone covering for directions. Also, discuss with him or her in advance what you shoulddo should the situation arise again. I like to have my patients have a contingency plan in advance. Also remember to practice good sleep hygiene. Best wishes.

In brief: Only if it has

Dr. Donald Jacobson
Dr. Donald Jacobson
Dr. Eric Weisman