Had ^ d-dimer so the ER doc did lung CT scan which was normal but they saw that my heart was enlarged.Cause? I tapered myself off pred since last week

Dr. Frank Mayo
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care

In brief: Nonspecific

Cardiomegaly may relate to asthma , excess weight or pulmonary hypertension.
An echocardiogram would help determine the reason for an enlarged heart.

In brief: Nonspecific

Pathology

In brief: Big hearts

My heart's quite big because i'm in training for a hoped-for endurance-athletics stunt in 2014.
If you've overweight, you heart's always big. If your even a little bit athletic, your heart's likely to be big because "normal" is the ordinary sedentary population. If you're anemic, hypertensive or have a heart structural defect, your physician already knows. Don't worry if your physician's not.

In brief: Big hearts

Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine