My arm is healed but I think I have a phobia after a dog bite?

Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Very normal
After an unprovoked attack, it is quite normal to experience anxiety and stress in the presence of a dog.
Therapy may be required to overcome the anxiety.

In brief: Very normal
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
In brief: A/W Dr.Placik
Fear is a normal reaction -especially if an animal's behavior is aggressive.
However, if you find that your fear has generalized to all dogs in all situations - this may cause you unnecessary suffering. If that is the case ; you have a possible phobia - cognitive behavioral therapy or exposure therapy may be helpful. Take care.

In brief: A/W Dr.Placik
Dr. Andrew Berry
Clinical Psychology
In brief: CBT
Seek a cognitive-behavioral therapist who specializes in phobias.
One method they use is systematic desensitization which slowly and incrementally brings the person closer and closer to the thing they are afraid of in slow, graduated steps that help make the anxiety more tolerable.

In brief: CBT
Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine