Treatment options for keloid on chest -> keloid on his chest, around 2cm diameter oval shape, deep red with itching and irritation, suggest best option?

Start with visit to. A doctor. Likely you will get a steroid injection to treat it. Keloids are difficult to treat, since you are prone to forming it.
Cortisone. I think two things should be done you should get injections into the scar with cortisone on a monthly basis.The cortisone will not get into your bloodstream but will only go into the scar. It will make it flatter and the symptoms should get better. You can also get a silicone gel dressing would you can wear over this car for 3 months and it may help flatten it also.