I think I have shingles again, pain is the same, rash is coming out as one spot at a time.On my neck, face and hair. Is this possible? Headache x 10+

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: Get to the Doctor

Yes. If you did not take the shingles vaccine after your last episode, it is very possible to get another shingles episode.
Please get to the doctor so you can be properly diagnosed and treated.

In brief: Get to the Doctor

Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Possible but rare

In most individuals, the patient’s immune system is able to maintain the virus in a dormant state.
But should a patient’s immune system become suppressed, reactivation of the latent hz virus in sensory ganglia may occur. The possibility of recurrence is low and antiviral medication can help shorten the duration of the virus and ameliorate the pain.

In brief: Possible but rare

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin