Unprotected sex missed period. Spotting is on and off...No pregnancy symptoms...Negative first signal pregnant test. What could be wrong?

Missed period. Reasons for missed/late periods: low body weight, obesity, marked weight ^ or v, over-exercise, endurance athletics, breast-feeding, ^ stress, illness, eating disorders (bulimia or anorexia), anovulatory cycle (no egg released), travel, hormone irregularities, drug use, meds (i.e., birth control) or medical problems. #1 reason is pregnancy.
Maybe nothing. Or maybe you have had a very early miscarriage that the home test was not sensitive enough to detect. If you don't want to be pregnant use protection. If you do want to be pregnant wait for the next cycle and see what happens.