I have cancer, am I more susceptible for staphylococcal infections?

Pathology
In brief: Not much
Depends on the type of cancer and whether there's severe loss of white cells / immunoglobulins.
The severe fast-acting staph infections are rare but much-feared. You can't avoid all staph but it's great to wash your hands often. A bacterial infection is often the final event in cancer but happens when it's clear the end is near -- let's hope instead you get a good outcome.

In brief: Not much
Dr. F. Thomas Kaplan
Surgery - Hand Surgery
In brief: If white blood count
If your white blood count is down, you are likely more susceptible to infections, including staphylococcal.
Some cancers can lower your immunity, as does chemotherapy and radiation treatments.

In brief: If white blood count
Dr. F. Thomas Kaplan
Dr. F. Thomas Kaplan
Dr. Marsha Davis