Any information on a skin disease called pityriasis rosea?

Pityriasis rosea. The exact cause of pityriasis rosea is unclear, although the cause may be a viral infection, such as infection with certain strains of the human herpes virus (hhv6 or hhv7). Pityriasis rosea, however, isn't believed to be contagious.
Temporary. Rash with oval lesions limited to trunk. Rarely involves face or extretmities. Lasts usually 8 weeks and as long as 14 weeks. Recurrences are uncommon. Will clear a few weeks faster in some with oral erythromycin. This does not leave marks.It is not contagious.