What to do if you come upon a traumatic amputation in a car accident?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Let me explain
The most important to do when face with traumatic amputation is to control the bleeding some way otherwise could bleed to death.

In brief: Let me explain
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Marlis Gonzalez fernandez
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: Call 911
I am assuming you are asking about what first aid to provide if you come upon a car accident victim. First and foremost is calling 911 with as much information as you can.
If the emts will take a long time to get there the 911 operator can guide you to provide some help until they get there. Controlling bleeding becomes the priority in those circumstances.

In brief: Call 911
Dr. Marlis Gonzalez fernandez
Dr. Marlis Gonzalez fernandez
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Many
Payour family doctor knew very well he may try some medications it may take care of it, if did not help then he could refer you to hand specialist.

In brief: Many
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: No
Should point the way around.

In brief: No
Should point the way around.
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Christopher Bulger
Surgery - Vascular
In brief: Control bleeding
In addition to direct pressure to control bleeding over the site, limit the victims activity.
If resources are available, wrap the severed appendage in a clean moist cloth.

In brief: Control bleeding
Dr. Christopher Bulger
Dr. Christopher Bulger
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery