I've been taking drug store sleep meds every night i can not sleep should I talk to my doctor about this? Is it going to harm me ?

Dr. Stephen Gordon
Dentistry

In brief: See your doctor

Long term use of sleep meds can be dangerous.
If you are constantly taking any meds for sleeping, please see your physician who will need to determine any underlying problems that may need to be addressed.

In brief: See your doctor

Dr. Stephen Gordon
Dr. Stephen Gordon
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Insomnia

It is a sleep disorder that make it difficult to fall asleep or to maintain sleep.
As an adult you need 7-8 hours of restful sleep. To feel not rested in the morning makes you fatigue, stressed and anxious. Sleep hygiene, behavioral changes, and finally medication could be very helpful. Rec.: see a sleep specialist for sleep study and evaluation.

In brief: Insomnia

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin