Hello...I was wondering if I should panic having a rather phlegmy cough...No fever, body ache, just cough and congestion..Is this a cold? Or flu?

Dr. James Wells

In brief: Probably a viral URI

Seems to me that without a fever or body aches, your productive cough and sinus congestion are most likely not from flu but from a viral upper respiratory infection (URI) otherwise known as a cold.
On the other hand, with your history of allergies, you could have a secondary sinus infection. If a cold, 70 to 100 mg of zinc twice daily until 2 days after end of symptoms may help shorten duration.

In brief: Probably a viral URI

Dr. James Wells
Dr. James Wells
Dr. Douglas Arenberg
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care

In brief: Don't panic

Save panic for zombie invasions or house fires.
Listen to your body. Cough and colds are very common. If you are very short of breath with normal activity that you usually do without trouble, or have a persistent high fever, its reasonable to call your doctor. Your body will tell you when to panic far better than i (or any other online advisor) can.

In brief: Don't panic

Dr. Douglas Arenberg
Dr. Douglas Arenberg
Dr. Arnon Rubin