Currently under treatment for toe fungal infection. When clears, should I discard the shoes I have been wearing?

In brief: Fungus

Unless you are using something to kill the fungus in your shoes ( see your podiatrist), discard them now.
Freezing does not kill fungus. Fungus forms a spore around itself when not in contact with the host and can survive outdoors - where it gets pretty cold - for up to 6 months.

In brief: Fungus

Dr. Thomas Inwood
Dr. Thomas Inwood
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dentistry

In brief: No

Are you concerned about the shoes being contaminated with the foot fungus and reinfect ing your feet? You do.
To need to get rid of your shoes. If you put them in the freezer this will kill l the fungus.

In brief: No

Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dr. Sandra Eleczko