I am transfering from Zoloft to cymbalta (duloxetine) when do people start to see improvements in there depression? And will they lose weight with what dose?

Dr. Milton Mintz
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: I have found

It takes about 9 days to see effects with Cymbalta (duloxetine) no specific dose for weight loss.

In brief: I have found

Dr. Milton Mintz
Dr. Milton Mintz
Dr. James Wells

In brief: Response time varies

It is my understanding that Cymbalta (duloxetine) increases both serotonin and norepinephrine, while zoloft primarily increases serotonin (but at higher doses also increases norepinephrine some).
If more norepinephrine is what you need to alleviate your depression, then you may see some improvement in a few days or may take 4 to 6 wks at dose of 60 mg daily. Not much difference in weight likely with cymbalta (duloxetine).

In brief: Response time varies

Dr. James Wells
Dr. James Wells