Should I see a doctor or a podiatrist about my ingrown toe nail?

In brief: Podiatrist

A podiatrist is the doctor that treats feet.

In brief: Podiatrist

Dr. Steven Frydman
Dr. Steven Frydman

In brief: Podiatrist

He is the doctor who will get it out for you

In brief: Podiatrist

Dr. Richard Taddeo
Dr. Richard Taddeo
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry

In brief: Yes...

Ingrown toenails can be remedied through soaking your foot in warm water, removal of embedded debris from the nail borders, and applying an antibiotic ointment to temporarily soften the corners.
One should always try to cut the nails strait across to avoid leaving an embedded nail spicule. If pain or redness continues get it looked at by a professional.

In brief: Yes...

Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Podiatry

In brief: Your choice

It really is up to you - however, not all primary care physicians perform this procedure.
I would recommend that you see if there is a podiatrist near you that can evaluate your problem and can likely perform any procedure that may be indicated the same day.

In brief: Your choice

Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Dr. Ellen Wenzel