Should I get the aspiration for my ganglion cyst or try to smash it myself?

Dr. Mark Einbecker
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Depends

If it doesn't bother you than just leave it alone.
If it does then let your doc try an aspriation. I don't recommend smashing them.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Mark Einbecker
Dr. Mark Einbecker
Dr. Matt Malkin
Anesthesiology

In brief: See doctor

Usually need surgery to remove sac of cyst to get rid of permanently.
Aspiration can reduce size, though it may recur. Same with smashing it, but with the risk of injuring yourself. Whatever you choose to do, think it through first. If you break skin, run risk of infection also, so should be done in sterile setting.

In brief: See doctor

Dr. Matt Malkin
Dr. Matt Malkin

In brief: Aspiration

Smashing it rarely works and is usually painful whether it works or not.
Aspiration works to drain the cyst, but it is highly likely to return. The best treatment with the least chance for it to return is surgical excision.

In brief: Aspiration

Dr. Scott Grover
Dr. Scott Grover
Dr. Amrit Singh
Also at 1st have it aspirated and inject with Steroids. . It may not come back. Surgical incision is a definite solution..