Very itchy rash around my neck its splotchy and very dry. What to do for it?

Try HC cream. Without seeing the rash it's hard to tell what caused it, but it's likely an allergic or irritant reaction. Try Hydrocortisone cream, which is available without a prescription. If that doesn't work you'll need to see a dermatologist.
Depends on the cause. There are many types and causes of skin rashes that could cause itching. Several types of inflammatory conditions of the skin, allergic reactions, and sometimes bacterial, viral or fungal infections can cause rashes on the skin. Insect bites can also be the cause of a rash on the skin. Have it evaluated by a professional and get the appropriate treatment.