I have the plague, what is my chances of survival without treatment?

Dr. Edward Workman
Pain Management
In brief: 50/50 if systemic
Without treatment you're at the mercy of your immune system. If very strong against agents like the plague you may survive.
But its 50/50 if the disease is systemic (as opposed to dermal alone). Dermal plague has much better survival numbers. Get eval and treatment from your PCP or an infectious disease specialist.

In brief: 50/50 if systemic
Dr. Edward Workman
Dr. Edward Workman
In brief: 50% if Bu, 0% if Pne
The plague is usually bubonic (one catches it from being bit by infected fleas or rodents, and the bacteria infects one's lymph nodes) or pneumonic (one catches it by breathing infected moisture droplets exhaled, sneezed, or coughed out by an infected person or animal, and the bacteria infects one's lungs).
The chances of survival without treatment is about 50% for bubonic, and zero for pneumonic.

In brief: 50% if Bu, 0% if Pne