If I were to meet someone with the bubonic plague, could I catch it?

Dr. Alan Patterson
In brief: Bubonic plague
Is extremely uncommon today in 2012 there were a few cases reported in col and oregon, and in 2013 a squirrel tested + in a forest near la, u have a much greater chance of catching 100, 000 other things before that.

In brief: Bubonic plague
Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Alan Patterson
Even if there is no touching between a patient with bubonic plague and a visitor, the patient's plague bacteria may have spread to his lungs.
When the patient breathes out, sneezes, coughs, or talks, some aerosolized moisture droplets containing the bacteria can float in the air and be inhaled by the visitor. After a couple of days, the visitor may develop pneumonic plague and die a quick death.