My 17 month old has severe tooth decay, is it too late to go to the dentist?

GO NOW! It's never too late. Please go now, before infection spreads. Your dentist may want to refer you to a pediatric dental specialist. Don't delay!
No get help. Dental caries in infants need to be treated as soon as possible. A pediatric dentist or childrens' hospital dental clinic can care for the child in a setting geared towards young ones. The baby teeth are important to care for to allow for adult teeth to come into place and permit the child to have a good diet. While waiting for the dental visit, you need to brush the child's teeth daily.