Can panniculectomy be cheaper than tummy tuck?

Yes. but my not be satisfactory. See ASPS/ASAPS surgeon.
Varies... There are many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure (quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider… are some of the potential variables involved. See board certified plastic surgeons in consultation. Best.
Panniculectomy cost. A tummy tuck is basically a panniculectomy (remove skin and fat) *plus* the muscle repair. It generally takes less surgical time, and since most surgical costs are a function of time, the tummy tuck can cost 25-30% more. So yes, the panniculectomy is typically less expensive. If medically warranted, a panniculectomy may also be covered by insurance where a tummy tuck is never covered. http://www.cosmeticsurg.net/procedures/tummy-tuck/
It is cheaper. A panniculectomy is a simpler procedure that a tummy tuck so it is cheaper. A tummy tuck procedure is composed of muscle plication, reset of the belly button and panniculectomy. A complete tummy tuck is a cosmetic procedure with more results than a panniculectomy. A panniculectomy is a half done tummy tuck.